Do you know the number one money-drain in most budgets? Food. Learning to save on groceries will absolutely push you toward your financial goals.
When I was (unexpectedly) pregnant with our first baby, we were in no financial position to welcome a new member into our family. We knew we wanted one of us to stay home with the baby full time, but one look at our bank account made it clear that was next to impossible.
We started going back through our bank statements and looking at where all of our money was going. We had already made drastic changes in our lifestyle (by cancelling cable, selling our house, and moving into an RV – just to name a few) and it made no sense that money was still a struggle for us.
Guess where all of that extra money was going… Food. Groceries, eating out, and wasted food from both of those sources. It was heartbreaking to see how much money we were blowing every month.
Getting our finances under control started with completely cutting off the bottomless pit that was our food budget. If you feel like you’ve cut back in every area that you possibly can and you STILL can’t find money to meet your financial goals, comb through these posts and start implementing these tips.
Don’t miss the most important part! Actually implementing what you learn! It’s so easy to get carried away with researching and collecting great ideas that you forget to actually put them into play in your own life. Get a pen and paper, the notebook app on your phone, text it to yourself – I don’t care how you take notes, just TAKE NOTES and pick AT LEAST 3 things from the following resources and IMPLEMENT them in your household over the next 30 days.
Let’s Get Started…
- 7 Surefire Ways to Save Money on Groceries by Simple Living Country Gal
- 9 Apps That Can Save You Money on Groceries by Learning2Bloom
- How a Simple Price Book Can Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half by Simple Living Country Gal
- What to Buy at Warehouse Stores and What to Avoid by Living Well Spending Less
- 20 Tips on Saving Money in the Grocery Store by Raia’s Recipes
- How to Save Money Eating Clean by Atlanta’s Frugal Mom
- Reduce Your Dependence on Grocery Stores by Learning and Yearning
- 10 Tips for Saving Money on Groceries by The Rising Spoon
- 10 Tips for Saving Money on Groceries Part II by The Rising Spoon
Fifteen Kitchen Hacks To Save Money, Prevent Food Waste & Make Your Life Easier by The Rising Spoon
- How to Build a Stockpile that Saves Your Family Money by Joyfully Thriving
- 10 Easy Ways to Cut Your Grocery Bill Without Coupons by Joyfully Thriving
- 5 Ways You’re Overspending at the Grocery Store by Two Kids and a Coupon
- How to Save Money on Groceries without Ever Leaving Home by What’s Up Fagans?
- How to Get the Best of Both Worlds – Batch Cooking and Meal Planning by Delicious Obsessions
- Reducing Food Waste by Retro Housewife Goes Green
- 5 Apps That Help You Save on Groceries by Retro Housewife Goes Green
- 5 Kitchen Hacks to Save You Time and Money by Jonesin’ For Taste
Don’t forget to implement, implement, implement! Then, report back to me and let me now how you did. Did you notice a sizable change in your food budget? Do you think you can stick with this long term? How much farther do you have to go to meet that one nagging financial goal that keeps eluding you? I can’t wait to hear from you!